AliMed® Antimicrobial-Treated Blue Carrot Hand Contracture Kit
- Painless positioning for severely contracted hands
- Inflatable cone-shaped tube gradually reduces the most severe contractures
- Provides easier access to hand for daily skin care, helps prevent nail puncture injuries, and controls infection risk
- Graduated markings on cover document and measure patient’s progress
AliMed® Antimicrobial-Treated Blue Carrot Hand Contracture Orthosis Kit painlessly positions the fingers away from the palm to protect the skin from excessive moisture, pressure, and the risk of nail puncture injuries while helping to prevent bacteria build up and unpleasant odors. The soft cotton covering is permanently infused with silver ion that inhibits the growth and replication of bacteria, mold, yeast, and other fungi that cause odor, staining, and discoloration. Filled with highly conforming and resilient tiny plastic microspheres that won’t increase spasticity—effective even for significantly distorted hands. Graduated markings on the cover accurately measure and document patient’s progress. Hand-wash in cold water and let air-dry.
How it works: Secure the included “Magic Wand” to the loop at the end of the Carrot and gently pull wand through contracted hand to draw Carrot into place.
One size: 9″L, 5-1/2″ maximum circumference
AliMed® Antimicrobial-Treated Blue Carrot Hand Contracture Orthosis Kit contains:
2 Antimicrobial-Treated Blue Carrots
2 “Magic Wands”
1 laundry marker to track progression
1 instruction manual
The AliMed Carrot Story
Developed more than 20 years ago, the AliMed Carrot Hand Contracture Orthosis with its tapered shape and unique “Magic Wand” is an innovative device that offers painless positioning of severely contracted hands for better patient comfort and easier caregiving. Unlike traditional orthotic devices that require forceful application to pry hands open, the Carrot is designed to be gently inserted into the hand and drawn into place with the use of a plastic wand without causing discomfort. This gives caregivers easier access to the hand for better hygiene and reduced infection risk while graduated markings on the cover accurately measure and document your patient’s progress.
More AliMed Therapy Carrots
• Original Therapy Carrot™ (#51024)—Available in two sizes to treat moderate-to-severe contractures
• Inflatable Carrot™ Kit (#51598)—Ideal for the most severe hand contractures
• Hand Contracture Orthosis and Hygiene Kit (#52308)—Easily clean contracted hands